|Posted: 21-September-2007 at 3:50pm
Novell and Omni have partnered to provide the Riva New Zealand DST module as part of the Riva Version 1.0.6 release.
This module is available free of charge to all New Zealand Novell GroupWise customers who need a solution for the recent changes to the start and stop dates for Daylight Savings Time (DST). Running the New Zealand DST module will automatically create a Query Folder in the Root of each mailbox. The Query folder will display all appointments that fall into the configured date range. The user can then confirm the times are correct for appointments that fall in the new DST time range.
The administrative workstation that will be used to install, configure and execute Riva must have its Regional and Language Options set to (English) New Zealand (Control Panel - Regional and Language Options). The Riva New Zealand DST module will ONLY appear and be available to be configured if the workstation's Regional and Language Options setting is correctly configured to (English) New Zealand.
Following are Riva New Zealand DST module download and support links:
The system requirements for the Riva New Zealand DST module are:
Installation and Configuration
- Windows 2000 or XP workstation with latest service packs that will serve as the administrator workstation
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework
- The GroupWise 6.5 SP6 client is the REQUIRED client for the Riva administration workstation for this module. This client is not required on your user workstations, only the Riva administration workstation.
- Connection to a GroupWise 6.5.2 or higher server system running on Linux, NetWare or Windows (the Primary Domain must be at least GroupWise 6.5.2).
- LDAP context of an eDirectory username and password with supervisor / admin rights to configure the eDirectory connection.
- context of the LDAP Server Group of the server that Riva will connect to.
- GroupWise administrator account to generate the GroupWise Trusted Application Key and GroupWise system connection.
- GroupWise normal account to use with the GroupWise Trusted Application key.
Please refer to the following information to ensure that Riva is properly installed and configured:
The Riva on-line support forum is always the best place to start if you have any questions about Riva. Before contacting your regular Novell support channel for support, we recommend you refer to the "Riva Tips" support forum section to see if a resolution is already available for the problem.
All support for the Riva New Zealand DST module is available through the standard Novell support channels. Bugs and product enhancement requests can be submitted using the online "Contact-Us" form at http://www.omni-ts.com/contact-us.html. Information can also be sent by email to email@example.com. Please include the word Riva in the subject line.
Edited by Aldo Zanoni on 24-September-2007 at 7:16am