Turn 1 PC into 10 with the Userful Multiplier
(Download Current Release
3.7, February 12, 2010 | Change Log
About Multi-station Linux
Userful Multiplier allows up to 10 full-featured, thick-client user stations to connect to a single Linux desktop computer. User stations consist of only a monitor, USB keyboard and mouse with dedicated video access. Support is available for individual USB memory keys and USB audio headsets.
Multi-station Linux desktops deliver the fastest, easiest and least expensive way to deploy new desktops (or thin clients) in computer labs, classrooms, libraries, retail stores and Internet cafés. By effectively eliminating up to 9 out of every 10 physical PCs, organisations can reduce their desktop hardware, maintenance, infrastructure and electricity costs by 60 to 80%. Multi-station Linux Desktops outperform LTSP and other thin client solutions.
If you are looking to maximise your fixed desktop budget or re-purpose your existing Windows desktops, contact Omni to learn more about Multi-station Linux Desktops at +1.780.423.4200 or via email.
Linux Desktop Success Stories
Click on the logos below to see how our Userful Multiplier customers are taking advantage of the next generation of desktop virtualization:
- Turn 1 PC into 10 full-featured desktops.
- Low-cost, eco-friendly alternative to stand-alone Windows desktops. Reduces CO2 emissions and digital waste.
- Save 60 to 80% on your desktop hardware, management, maintenance and network infrastructure costs.
- Leverage your existing investment in desktop hardware, GroupWise, Messenger, iFolder and network file servers.
- Configure Novell Client for Linux to allow users to authenticate to home directories.
- Compelling value proposition for K-12 schools and universities to deploy Linux, OpenOffice, Moodle and other Linux education software.
- Best way to reduce costs of deploying
thin clients (Citrix, LTSP, Terminal Services).
- Individual USB audio and memory key support.
- Supports 3M MicroTouch and Elo touchscreens for Linux point-of-sale terminals.
- Certified hardware bundles available.
Supported Linux Distributions
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- And others...
- Omni is the exclusive global distributor of Userful Multiplier for SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop and openSUSE from Novell.
- Omni has partnered with R Cubed Technologies to deliver
Certified Hardware Bundles.
- Omni has been a trusted Novell Technology Partner since 1999.