Why Multi-station Linux Desktops Deliver
The Multiplied Linux Desktop Strategy helps organisations maximise their fixed desktop budgets
by dramatically reducing hardware and maintenance costs and delivering low-cost, high-performance desktops:
- Significant hardware savings (up to 80%)
- Significant software savings (up to 80%)
- Decreased maintenance costs (up to 80%)
- Decreased "evergreen" costs (up to 80%)
- Decreased electrical consumption (up to 70%)
- Decreased recycling costs (up to 70%)
- Increased simplicity, management and control
Linux Desktop TCO Calculator
Omni's Desktop TCO Calculator
can be used to compare the costs of deploying Multiplied SLED 10 Desktops with stand-alone SLED 10 or Windows Vista desktops.
As seen below, the total cost savings of deploying a new computer lab with 30 Multiplied SLED 10 Desktops (5 x 6-user machines) versus 30 Windows desktops is $44,642 USD. Click the Customize Costs
tab to modify the number of desktops and costs to fit your environment.