Simplified Management, Provisioning, Self-Service and Audit for Active Directory
- The Challenge - Complexity of Microsoft Management Console and Task Pads
- The Opportunity - Simplified, Web-based Identity Management with eControl
- The Results - Improved Productivity, Security and Compliance
- Very Quick Win. Significant and Immediate ROI
- Security and Regulatory Compliance
- Account Management Tasks
- Create Options
- User Self-service Options
- Ten Questions - Is eControl Right for You?
- eControl Modules
- More Information
The Challenge - Complexity of Microsoft Management Console and Task PadsLeverage the power of Active Directory and Exchange
with eControl. Many organisations running large or multiple Active Directory and Exchange systems struggle with account management, provisioning, self-service and audit tasks. Assigning system-wide permissions and allowing access to Microsoft Management Console or specific Task Pads in complex environments can create security concerns.
Often, too many people end up with too many permissions in Active Directory and Exchange. They end up with the "keys to the castle
." With the wrong tool, with one misguided click of a button, a user account, mailbox, etc. is gone – vanished! Who needs the nightmare of trying to report who made what changes in the case of an external security audit? And just how often do you have to provide training to new help desk staff on how to use overly complex tools
? How much lost productivity is the result of trying to train non-technical staff to use complex tools to perform routine, everyday tasks. Should a Help Desk Ticket really have to be created if a user forgets his password? Why shouldn't the user be able to reset his own password? In most cases, it's because of the complexity and security issues related to providing these options.There is an easier way!
The Opportunity - Simplified, Web-based Identity Management
eControl for Active Directory and Exchange
delivers a simplified, web-based management, provisioning, self-service and audit application designed for non-technical users. eControl empowers junior administrators, help desk operators, HR staff, department managers, support staff and even end-users to perform common user account management tasks in Active Directory and Exchange – from a web browser, with NO security permissions and NO access to Microsoft Management Console or Task Pads.
These tasks include password self-service, enabling/disabling accounts, moving user accounts, resetting passwords, creating new users, creating groups, managing Exchange settings, managing distribution and group lists, unlocking intruder lockout, managing Microsoft Terminal Services and more.
The Results - Improved Productivity, Security and Compliance
With eControl, not only can you assign user self-service actions, you can delegate account and other object provisioning and management tasks to junior administrators, help desk operators, support staff and end-users. They will only be able to complete the tasks they have been assigned - only in the OUs you specify
eControl's full audit trail
enables administrators to keep a tight rein and provide full reports on account creation and modifications. Disabling and deleting orphaned and dormant accounts can be securely delegated to junior support staff. Administrators can enforce strong password policies and reduce the risk of regulatory exposure and security liability. eControl will help you change and manage a user's group memberships and other roles as her position changes within the organisation. eControl will improve help desk responsiveness
, increase productivity
, mitigate security risks
and produce more accurate account data
Very Quick Win: Significant and Immediate ROI
eControl alleviates the need to assign user access rights and permissions. This allows you to focus on high-value IT business requirements instead of security details. And, for organisations embarking on a longer-term identity management strategy, eControl delivers a very quick win
and immediate ROI
. For example, research shows that password self-service can save as much as $650,000 per year in a typical 10,000-user organisation. User account management consumes a significant proportion of overall IT productivity. Even a 20% efficiency gain is significant.*
* Source: "What is User Life-Cycle Managment? And Why You Should Care," META Group
, June 2004, p5.
Security and Regulatory Compliance
eControl's Audit and Reporting module delivers granular, web-based access to all changes made in eControl. This module was designed to enhance internal security and compliance with legislation such as:
- FDA 21 CFR 11
- EU Directive 2002/58/EC
Top User Account Management Tasks
eControl is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, application for delegating Active Directory and Exchange tasks to support staff and non-technical users. On average, eControl takes three hours to install and configure. After 20 minutes of training, your front-line staff will be able to perform the following user account management and provisioning tasks.
|| Active Directory and Exchange Tasks|
- Manage Account Password
- Enforce Strong Passwords
- Enable / Disable User Accounts
- Create User and Resource Accounts
- Create Security Groups
- Bulk Create Users
- Create Mail-enabled Groups
- Manage Group Memberships
- Manage Exchange Mail Groups
- Manage Exchange User Settings
- Mail Enable AD Accounts
- Move User Accounts
- Change Home Directory Location
- Update User Identification Information
- Manage Account Expiration Date
- Manage Terminal Services Profiles
- Manage Exchange Delivery Options and Restrictions
- Manage Account Lockouts
- And More...
eControl allows you to delegate
the ability to create accounts, mailboxes, resources security groups, email-enabled groups and more. New objects are created by filling out the web form
associated with each create profile
. You determine which create profiles can be accessed by which users. Only users with access to specified create profiles can create new objects - and only in those OUs you specify
. With eControl Create, your HR or department management staff can leverage the power of Active Directory and create objects after 10 minutes
User Self-service Options
eControl allows you to define user self-service options
. The most popular option is user password self-service
. Password self-service significantly reduces costs and user down time. Calls to the help desk for password resets decrease freeing up time and resources. Leverage the power of Active Directory by allowing users to populate their own AD values for licence plate numbers, mobile phone and pager numbers and other personal information.
Turn Exchange into a "Listserv". Define email groups you want users to be able to subscribe to and unsubscribe from. Only those groups you have made "public" will be available to be chosen. Allow users to subscribe to public "Monthly Health and Wellness", "For Sale","Wanted" or other mail lists.
Top Questions: Is eControl Right for You?
- Is IT or the help desk department sometimes the bottleneck in your User Account Management process?
- Is your help desk unable to carry out certain account management tasks because of security risks?
- Does your security department require account change management audit reports for Security Regulation compliance?
- Are you looking to unify your management strategy and better leverage the power of Active Directory?
- Are you managing multiple Active Directory domains?
- Does your help desk run a number of different administration tools and applications?
- Have department mergers or corporate acquisitions made your user account creation and management tasks cumbersome and complex?
- Tired of training your Help Desk Operators how to use Microsoft Management Console and other tools to carry out user and identity management tasks?
- Concerned about the impact of a Help Desk Operator hitting the delete key on the wrong object or "poking" about your network to see what they can see?
- Need to deploy User Self-Service or Password Self-Service for Active Directory and Exchange?
- Are you being asked to manage and integrate more complex systems with fewer resources?
Provide simplified, role-based management of user accounts, email lists, groups, Terminal Services profiles and other directory objects to support staff. eControl Manage allows you to control users' search and task authority. NO special permissions required. NO access to Microsoft Management Console or Task Pads.
Use eControl Create to empower HR and office staff to provision user accounts, email lists and groups based on pre-configured profiles. Simplfiy and standardise your provisioning processes and ensure compliance with naming standards and password requirements. Now with support for bulk creating users from a CSV file.
Deliver user self-service functions for Active Directory, Exchange, eDirectory and GroupWise. These functions include password changes, “forgot-my-password” challenge phrases, subscriptions to distribution lists and the ability to update demographic information.
All changes made in eControl are written to an audit log for administrator oversight. eControl Audit Viewer and Reporting enhances compliance and security audits.
More InformationEvaluate eControl for 15 days »System Requirements »Remote Installation Requirements »On-line Demo »How to Order »